Oats are a staple in many diets; you can use them for baking, smoothies, and desserts. In this recipe, I have combined the nutritional benefits of oats with those of cranberries and bananas to create a homemade breakfast drink that is both delicious and healthy!
This simple and delicious smoothie is packed with all the healthy ingredients you need to start your day right. It’s an excellent option for breakfast because it takes only five minutes to make, but it’ll keep you full for a long.
What is a banana cranberry oatmeal smoothie?
The banana cranberry oatmeal smoothie is a delicious, healthy drink that’s easy to make and full of nutrients. The sweetness of frozen berries complements the creamy texture of Greek yogurt perfectly! This breakfast recipe is perfect for starting the day with a nourishing blend of bananas, cranberries, yogurt, and oats.
What You’ll need for an Oatmeal smoothie
With only 5 ingredients from your pantry, you can whip up this delicious oatmeal cranberry smoothie in no time. Let’s look into the ingredients.
- Almond milk
A great alternative to cow’s milk is almond milk. It has fewer calories and fat than dairy milk, as well as more protein and fiber. Almond milk is a potent source of vitamins and minerals like magnesium, calcium, vitamin E, and (vitamin B2.
- Frozen cranberries
Cranberries are an excellent antioxidant powerhouse and vitamins like vitamin C, which can help protect your body from free radicals and cavities. Cranberries may even lower your LDL (bad) and improve your heart health.
- Frozen banana
Bananas are a staple in the kitchen, and for a good reason. They’re full of potassium, fiber, and vitamins. They also provide sweetness without adding sugar to your smoothie and give your smoothie a creamy texture. Bananas are also high in antioxidants that have been shown to fight disease and slow aging!
Oats are rich in soluble fiber, which helps slow digestion and keeps you feeling full for longer.
- Greek Yogurt/Vanilla Ice cream
The yogurt gives the smoothie a creamy texture. The vanilla ice cream adds more sweetness to the smoothie, so if you’re looking for something delightful, consider using the ice cream instead.
Greek yogurt is a healthier alternative as it contains less sugar and more protein than regular yogurt or ice cream. Plain Greek yogurt also has fewer calories than vanilla ice cream and can help you feel fuller longer.
Banana Cranberry Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe
Want a quick and easy breakfast option that’s delicious and nutritious? Look no further than this banana cranberry oatmeal smoothie! It’s got all the healthy, delicious ingredients you could want in the morning: bananas, oats, and cranberries.
Rather than rely on complicated recipes, you can make this smoothie in just a few minutes: blend everything together in your blender with some almond milk or water until it’s smooth and creamy (about 1 minute). Then sit back, relax, and savor the deliciousness of this healthy breakfast treat!
You’ll be amazed at this smoothie’s flavor, even though it has no added sugar!
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1 cup nut milk or regular milk
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt (or use ¼ cup vanilla ice cream)
- 1 banana
- cinnamon powder (a pinch) (optional)
To make this healthy banana cranberry oatmeal smoothie:
Add oats and almond milk into the blender and let them sit for 5 minutes. Add yogurt, banana, and cranberries to the blender and blend until smooth. Garnish with mint leaves. Serve immediately.
Why you’ll love this smoothie
You’ll love this smoothie because:
- It’s easy to make. You can make the smoothie in less than 5 minutes with only 5 ingredients; if you use frozen fruit, it’s even faster!
- It tastes great. The banana adds sweetness, the cranberry juice adds a tarty twist, and the oats thicken it for a creamy texture.
- It’s healthy! This smoothie is packed with fiber from the oats and added protein from yogurt, which will keep you full longer and your digestive system running smoothly throughout the day.
- You can substitute Greek yogurt with vanilla ice cream if you don’t have Greek yogurt.
- Use vegan ice cream instead of dairy ice cream
- Use apples instead of frozen bananas
- Replace milk with almond milk because it’s lower in calories and, therefore, less filling. It also has a thinner consistency that blends well with the other ingredients.
This smoothie is excellent when you want something that’s filling and refreshing to kickstart your day. The oats and almonds will keep you full until lunchtime, while the banana and cranberries keep them light and refreshing.Print